Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday 29 June 2015

THROWBACK PRACTICUM PHASE 1 (PART 1)

12/4/2015 – 7/5/2015
SK WAKAF TAPAI, MARANG, TERENGGANU

Seriously, I had fallen in love with SK Wakaf Tapai. This is my first practicum as a teacher trainee and I’ve got a school that was just stone’s throw away from my house. Actually, that was exaggerating. If I throw a stone for sure it will not reach this school. Haha. But I’m grateful because it was not far away from my house. I just need around 10-15 minutes to reach the school. This practicum was for 1 month and yes I stayed with my family for 1 month. Yeayyyyy! (hoping next sem I will get nearby school too) *praying

So, let me tell you everything that makes my first practicum was so meaningful. Ok, first day I went to this school for sure I want a timetable so that I can do my work and not only playing with my phone (this happens when I bored, I’m just scrolling the menu actually). But then, I only get my timetable on Wednesday. So, I have time to play with my phone on Monday and Tuesday (Sunday, my school have an occasional holiday). I’ve got timetable to teach English Subject for 10 periods which equal to 5 hours a week for class 5 Ibnu Khaldun. So, I will get 1 hour to teach English everyday. It is the first class of Year 5. Seriously, I was nervous because I never teach and plan a lesson plan for year 5 before. I don’t even have the textbook. This is due to they are the first batch who are using KSSR syllabus. It’s okay. I’ll take that as a challenge *flip hair (challenge la sangat). Hmmm………..

Then, as I got the timetable, the teacher who is currently teaching 5 ibnu Khaldun asked me to enter the class on the spot. Okay.Okay. Relax Wabilah. This is what you want right? Hmm.. As I entered the class, I conduct some ice breaking session. Yes, the typical one. Start with the introduction about them and me. Then I set some rules and regulations. One of the highlighted rules is, USE ENGLISH DURING MY CLASS. Ya, this is English class, for sure we need to talk in English right? I still remember during the last week, I had some time to talk casually with the students and guess what they said to me. “Kteorang neves mase first2 ticer masuk, dah la cakap fully English, pastu laju pulak. Kteorang ingat ticer ni datang dari oversea.” Haha. Sorry kiddos, I will check my pace after this. Ok, continue with my story. I went home happily that day. Why? I’ve fallen in love with them. They’re so lovely and give full cooperation during my first class with them. Yes, I can’t wait for the next next next class. ^^

Actually, being an IPG student for not yet reaching 1 year, it was really really hard for me. Seriously. It’s really hard to plan an effective, interesting, amazing, pleasure, bombastic lesson plan. I’m not a real IPG students who are already blend with lesson plan. I’m not a creative thinking person who can plan a great lesson plan for my pupils. Before this, when our assignments asking us to create a lesson plan, it took me a month to really finish the assignment after consulting friends and lecturer for hundreds of time. But for practicum, we need to plan a lesson plan everyday. I repeat EVERYDAY! (diggin’ my own grave) Me are full of doubts while making lesson plan. Am I on the right track? Can I do this activity with kids? Is it time consuming? What if I did not have enough time for that? Is this lesson enjoyable and interesting enough to be conducted? Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaa… my feeling at that time is I wanna turn back time and never choose teaching as my profession. *crying

As a trainee teacher I will have several observations with the teacher which is with my cooperative teacher and my lecturer. And Alhamdulillah, I’ve got a positive feedback and advice from them. As for my last observation which is the most important, my lecturer will observe me together with the cooperative teacher. Yes, I’m totally nervous. After setting the day and date, they had observed me during the last day I was at that school which is Thursday of the last week and during the last period. Oh yeahhhh. Last day supposed to be a rest day for us to be with the kids but here I am, still struggling with lesson plan. Yes, lesson plan. I need to make a great lesson plan for this day. Alhamdulillah, one of my friends, Akmal had given me a great idea. Actually, Akmal is really helpful. There were so many things that he had taught me during this practicum even it was just over the whatsapp. That’s what technology is supposed to be used for, right? (ilmiah giler ak) *flip hair. Thank you so much Akmal. I really appreciate that. May Allah s.w.t bless you always.

Alhamdulillah, the feedback from my lecturer and the teacher was really surprised me. They said that I have the aura of the real teacher. I look relax and cool while conducting the lesson. I acknowledge all the good behaviour and not forgetting the misbehaviour.Thank you Ya Allah. I don’t know what to say at that time and all I did was saying thank you to them. Yes, now, I get the confidence to be the real teacher. Allah has plan the best for me. I should never quit this profession. Teaching should be my passion. And yes, I love kids. That’s why I choose teaching primary school as my profession at the first place. Thank you Allah.
I think that’s all for now. To be continued on the part 2. Hehe. I promised I will provide more pictures for the part II. (bajet ada org baca… kekekekke)  *flip hair
                                                                                Nurul Wabilah
7:38 pm
9/6/2015



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...