Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday 23 May 2017

PRACTICUM PHASE II AT SK JERONG, MARANG, TERENGGANU.

Assalamualaikum and hi to my blog readers (I hope someone will read this hahaha). This time I will share my experience about my second phase of practicum which is during 26th July until 7th September 2015 which is about 2 years ago. Hahahha.. It was already such a long time ago, but I hope my experience can help the juniors a.k.a future trainee teacher or someone in the field of education. J

During this practicum I was partnered with my inspiring and supportive friend which is Atin. She is very reliable (sometimes she can be annoying too hahhaha jk) and helpful and I had learnt sooo many things from her. Thank you so much Atin. She had spent 2 months staying at my home since my home is near to the school. This is the first time someone which is my friend who stayed at my home for such a long time. Thank you again Atin for being sooo patient and willing to accept my family for who we are. I’m soo thankful to have her. Since this blog post was not supposed to be an appreciation post for her, I should stop telling about her I guess… hahhaha… but again, she is such a good friend. Honestly, it took years for me to invite my friend stay at my home, but it only took seconds for me to make a decision that she can stay at my home for the whole practicum when we first decided to do practicum at SK Jerong. Her personality makes me never doubt that. Even my best friend never slept at my home, but she is just a friend (b4 we become close after the practicum) that I choose and I think that I never make a wrong choice.

Ok, back to my teaching experience, this time around I was assigned to teach Year 4 Bestari students. This is the first class of Year 4 which has 32 students. They were sweet at first, but as the time goes, I found that it was very hard for me to handle them. They were from mixed abilities and many types of learners. I found it hard to handle the boys especially when i did activities that need them to move around. I remember one time where I conduct a group activity that need an active involvement of all group members, but 2 of the boys refused to get involve and just sit at their seat ignoring me. I was mad at first, but I controlled my expression and let them be because I’m afraid that I will do thing that wasn’t supposed to do. As a result, they became inactive for the whole lesson. So, before I end my lesson I gave some moral values for the class and advise them to make sure all the group members be responsible in the group and not only the good one.

After that, I ask the two inactive students to help me carry my things to the teacher’s room. Before they went back to class, I ask them personally why they behave like that. One of the students said that he did not understand about the activity. He only understands when I teach him at first, but when he needs to complete the activity based on what they have learnt, he already forgot about it. At that time I felt so guilty for having bad thought about him during the lesson. Then I give him some advice and make he promised me he never behave like that again.

Then, there come the second boy. Based on the previous exam result that I got from their teacher, I found that he is one of the weakest students in the class. He is also someone who will not look at my eyes when he talked to me. At first I thought he was rude because he always play around during my class without respecting me. He is. But as I analysed his personality and his family background, he is someone that needs attention. When I talked personally to him, he was able to talk politely to me and he said that it was hard for him to understand what I taught. There comes again the sympathy and caring side of me. After that incident, during my class I always called out their name or use their name as the character during my teaching (not forgotten the other students too) to increase their confidence level and make them feel appreciated. Sometimes or should I say most of the times I found that it is really hard for me to go through this practicum and I don’t know why, but with the help of such a motivated supervisor, Madam Linda, I was able to survive till the end and was able to get an A for practicum this time too. Alhamdulillah.

Actually, 4 Bestari class’s teacher is my primary school teacher, Cg Rosmadi. He is still a handsome teacher that I’ve known before. Then, I’ve help him in handling 5 Bestari students for the class decorations and competitions for Merdeka Celebration. It was a very great experience that I can use if I was selected as the class teacher in the future. But I think one of my flaws during this practicum was when I only focused to 4 Bestari students all the time without getting close to other students. Hahaha… This things lead to jealousy from other student from different class which is not good. I think I should fix this in next practicum. However, who can be blamed since I’ve taught this class for everyday and again the class teacher is my former teacher. Huhuhuhu… L

One of the interesting stories during this practicum was when one of year 5 students, a boy, broke up with her girlfriend because of me. Hahahhahaha… Yes, primary school students nowadays are advanced, uolsss. This cute boy named Mohamad and people called him Mamat is soooo adorable. He once came to me and gave me a teddy bear key chain which I still kept till now. Oops! Don’t get me wrong. Hahahhaha… when I first saw him I was attracted to him and kept saying that he is cute and I never thought that it will become serious hahahha… Young kids are soo innocent. He is in Year 5 whereas his girlfriend is in Year 6. Her girlfriend came to me and said that they have broken up because of me. She said that in a happy tone actually. Hahahhahah… She said that Mamat like me more than her… hahhahahaha.. So cute of them.

As a conclusion, there were soo many things happened during this practicum. Not to mention the 6 additional subjects that Kirkby students had to take during this semester and all the subjects’ assignments need to be completed and submitted during this practicum plus the original subjects for this semester. Trust me, this semester was soo challenging and I am so proud of myself that I was able to survive till the end. Thank you Allah s.w.t.

As for advises, if I can go through all the challenges, why can’t you? Be confidence of yourself and never give up. There’s always a reason for you to be selected to be in this profession. Cherish all the moments you have and live your live to the fullest! Turn the bad things into good things, InsyaAllah, you’ll be happy. Amin. J

One more things, I think that one of the best ways to handle the misbehaviour student is by talking to them personally and make them feel appreciated and close to you. As being suggested by the 21st century characteristic of the teacher, one of them is that, a good teacher is a good counsellor. So, do practice that. J

By the way, the 4 Bestari student are already in Year 6 for this year and they will be taking an important examination (UPSR) soon. Do pray the best for them. Fyi, the 4 Bestari students still keep in touch with me until now and this shows how meaningful are them in my life. When I have free time, I do reply their text even though I was barely remember each of their names. But I will never forget that they were once my sweet students and I love them. J


Now, let’s enjoy the photos! J



First day on the way to the school wearing the same colored clothes. hehe


After school, singing session in the rain at the park. hehehhe


My clingy practicum mate as you can see


Acting session for the BM coursework. She's not the student, she's atin by the way. 


Typical selfie in the car with arabic version of Atingg


4 Bestari's students.


3 Bestari's students.


With one of the girl that insisted that her hometown is the same as me


With year 6 students during the school camp


Where's me?


Meet my new friend, Hafizul, practicum teacher from different school.



Year 6 students during that camp.


Syaraf and Fatma, practicum partners of hafizul. 


Our most favourite lepaks place during this practicum, 7e. 


Some props for the drama competition for the last pair teaching observation, 


4 Bestari students. 


During solat hajat. But we came after the solat hajat. hahahhaha... n here's a selfie of us


They said we look like a happy family


7e's boss, Tappa, my schoolmate. hehe


Cute keychain from Mamat. :)


Selfie time. 


Meet Cg Rosmadi, my former primary school teacher. 


Cg Rosmadi again



Done final observation.


Yeayyyyyy!!!!


4 Bestari students.


Last class of year 2. The most hard-to-handle-their-naughtiness students


4 Bestari students again. kekkekeke


Besides teaching English, our other specialties is in handling 'senamrobik'.


The decorations by my air tangan. hahhahahah


Brought Nilam to my school. 


Decorations for MBMMBI corner is in progress.


Buttons as memorable gift for 4 Bestari students,


Done the decorations!



my favorite people. :)


That's all for now. Thanks for spending your time here :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...